Employment Opportunities with IMG
International Mountain Guides (IMG) organizes and leads climbing, trekking, and mountaineering expeditions around the world. From the classic climbs of the Alps and Andes to the 8,000m peaks of the Himalayas, IMG is known by its customers to have one of the highest quality guiding programs in the industry.
Mountain Guide Applicants:
The quality of IMG's program has everything to do with the quality of our guide staff. IMG looks to hire people who are patient, personable, hardworking, and passionate about climbing. When applying to IMG, you must have a solid understanding of technical alpine climbing techniques as well as a demonstrated personal climbing or guiding background.
IMG is currently accepting applications for the 2022 climbing season.
Guide hiring process:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrate employment eligibility by submitting one of the following 3 options:
- Social Security card and Driver's License
- Current work visas
- Provide a one-page professional resume portraying your education and previous work history.
- Submit current Wilderness First Responder or equivalent (could include EMT, OEC, etc), Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and Leave No Trace Trainer (LNT) certificates. If not completed, please provide documentation of your intent to complete prior to your start date receipts, course syllabus, advertised dates are sufficient.
- Any additional certification above and beyond the minimum is beneficial in the hiring process. These may include: Avalanche I, II, III, or Pro 1, Pro 2, various American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) certificates, or more in-depth medical training.
- Please email your one-page resume, completed IMG Guide Application, and training/certification documentation to the operations desk at IMG: email@example.com
- Once we receive these items, we will review your qualifications, certifications, and background information.
- If you meet our new hire requirements, we will schedule an initial screening interview either by phone or in person.
- If IMG decides to move you forward in the application process after the initial screening, you will be invited to participate in a multi-day field interview on Mount Rainier.
- Upon satisfactory completion of this training, you would be eligible to begin employment and scheduled based on climb availability.
IMG is an equal opportunity employer. IMG is committed to treating all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, and all other bases protected by law.