Help with Travel and Cancellation Insurance
IMG requires that all* trip participants purchase Travel Insurance that includes coverage for medical evacuation, repatriation and medical expenses for the duration of their IMG program. Trip Cancellation Insurance is strongly suggested, as our fees are 100% non-refundable and non-transferable. Trekking and mountaineering programs are true "adventure travel." As such, each program requires long lead-times for us as a guide service and for you as a participant in order to properly plan and prepare. Unexpected life events occur. Your travel plans might change due to illness while you are abroad or because of a family emergency even before you leave home. Our suggestion is that you protect your investment and welfare against these unexpected circumstances so you and your loved ones can prepare for your upcoming adventure with more peace of mind.
We recognize that deciding on the right insurance policy can become confusing and even trying. As our expertise lies in helping you to the top of mountains not in the nuances of insurance policies we urge you to address specific questions with your insurance agent and take time to thoroughly understand any policy you purchase.
* The insurance requirement does not apply to IMG customers on programs within the contiguous USA (excluding Alaska), but is strongly encouraged.
Be sure that your Travel Insurance policy covers the duration of your IMG program itinerary (including contingency days) plus travel days to/from your place of residence. It is important that you review and understand the Plan Details of your individual policy. Travel Insurance options may be limited by your state or country of residence and/or destination; if you are not eligible for one, try the next option. Your policy must include coverage for the activities and gear usage specific to your program (mountaineering, trekking, high altitude).
Please review the following options and click on links provided to generate a quote and purchase your policy.
Global Rescue Offers Membership for Evacuation coverage with optional Security Extraction, and Signature Travel Insurance for Medical Expense coverage and Trip Cancellation. For most Mountaineering and Trekking programs (excluding Antarctica).
- To meet IMG's requirements for coverage, you must enroll in the membership AND purchase the Signature Travel Insurance.
- To purchase by phone, please tell the Call Center you are an IMG customer for proper coverage options: 617-459-4200.
- Travel Guard Offers Comprehensive Travel Insurance coverage for Mountaineering and Trekking programs. (Not available to residents of CA, DC, IN, KS, MT, NY or WA or Non-US Residents)
- Travel Guard Plus policy includes Adventure Sports coverage for Mountaineering.
- To purchase by phone, please provide the Call Center with IMG's account ID# 148218: 800-826-1300