Mt. Baker Women's 4-day Climb Frequently Asked Questions
This information should answer many of your initial questions and also guide you through the next stages of preparing for the expedition. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What skills do I need to have?
There are no specific climbing prerequisites for this program. All that is required is an eagerness to learn, a significant base of cardiovascular physical fitness, and previous experience carrying an overnight pack. You will be expected to carry this weight over the course of many hours each day. For training suggestions please review the information provided on our Training for Rainier page. This is a novice climb for those interested in learning elements of travel on big, glaciated mountains. Technical training is conducted during the pre-climb orientation and continually throughout the climb.
How do I get there?
International Mountain Guides has worked for many years with the staff at CTT Destinations to provide professional travel service for participants in our programs. For help with your plans, we urge you to contact Pirjo at CTT Destinations: 800-909-6647 or email@example.com
What kind of insurance do I need?
The Travel Insurance requirement does not apply to IMG customers on programs within the contiguous USA (excluding Alaska) but is strongly encouraged. The trip cancelation insurance protects your financial investment in the climb if you need to cancel, as all IMG fees are non-refundable. The earlier you purchase your insurance, the more options available.
What's included in the trip cost?Cost Includes:
- IMG's world-renowned guide staff
- All training curriculum and instruction
- Round trip transportation from IMG Headquarters to the start/end of the climb. *Note that this is subject to change based on Covid restrictions
- Group equipment including tents, stoves, fuel, climbing ropes and group hardware
- National Park entrance and climbing permits
- Hot meals (breakfast and dinner) and hot drinks (coffee, tea, cocoa). *Note that this is subject to change based on Covid restrictions
Cost Does Not Include: