Vinson Massif Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get there?
What kind of insurance do I need?
We invest in insurance coverage for commercial liability and medical and disability insurance for our employees while participating on our programs. We cannot insure you for your personal needs, but we do expect you to be as fiscally responsible as we are. We require that you insure yourself against potentially expensive difficulties that may arise. First, Trip Cancellation Insurance may provide financial relief should you be forced to withdraw from the program before it even happens. Next, make sure you have adequate Travel Insurance for coverage should you have a problem during the trip. Medical care and evacuation in remote locations can be expensive. For more information, please see our page on Trip Cancellation and Travel Insurance.
What's included in the expedition fee?Costs Included in Trip Fee:
- guide fees
- flight from Chile to Vinson base camp and return
- two hotel nights in Punta Arenas prior to the flight to Antarctica and one upon our return
- all group ground transfers
- all meals while climbing with the exception of snacks
- all group equipment.
- flights from the U.S. to Punta Arenas and the return
- hotels nights required due to weather delays
- restaurant meals
- visa fees
- personal equipment and items of a personal nature