Assistant Operations Manager
Job Description: Assistant Operations Manager
Location: Ashford, WA
Hours: Full Time (25-40 hours per week)
The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for managing all facilities, logistics and processes at IMG HQ to provide a seamless and excellent experience for our customers who arrive to climb Mt. Rainier. The Assistant Operations Manager supports the clients, guides, partners and staff by managing the retail store, the gear rental process, and the IMG facilities. Guides, Partners, Operations Manager and Staff (both full-time and seasonal) will assist in various ways to fulfill this mission, but the Assistant Operations Manager will provide the direction, energy and control that allows customers to have a superior experience and the business to succeed in the most effective fashion.
The position requires high levels of energy, enthusiasm and self-initiative. Communication skills at multiple levels are essential, planning and follow through are critical, and a customer-service orientation is mandatory.
More details in the Assistant Operations Manager Job Description »
- Strong familiarity with outdoor clothing and equipment
- 2-5 years experience in retail sales and/or store management
- Demonstrated experience and success in a customer service environment
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, handling multiple tasks, in a fast-paced working environment
- Personal mountain climbing and rock climbing experience desirable
- 4-year college degree
- Clean driving record
- Employment is contingent on passing a standard background check.
Pay, benefits & advancement:
- $15/hour starting wage
- WA State Workman's Compensation coverage
- One complementary climb of Rainier during off-season periods (May, June, or September) on a regularly scheduled IMG program.
- This position has been designed to create opportunity for advancement. Our hope is that we find the right person for the job who can take on more and more responsibilities, eventually assuming the role of Operations Manager.
- Please submit these documents via PDF attachment only.
- No phone calls please.
- Deadline for application: March 15, 2017
Please note that IMG does not hire unskilled guides without significant climbing experience, and we do not hold "Guide Try-outs."