Travel and Cancellation Insurance
IMG requires that all* trip participants purchase Travel Insurance that includes coverage for medical evacuation, repatriation and medical expenses for the duration of their IMG program. Trip Cancellation Insurance is strongly recommended, as our fees are 100% non-refundable and non-transferable. Trekking and mountaineering programs are true "adventure travel." As such, each program requires long lead-times for us as a guide service and for you as a participant in order to properly plan and prepare. Unexpected life events occur. Your travel plans might change due to illness while you are abroad or because of a family emergency even before you leave home. Our recommendation is that you protect your investment and welfare against these unexpected circumstances so you and your loved ones can prepare for your upcoming adventure with more peace of mind.
We recognize that deciding on the right insurance policy can become confusing and even trying. We've created this page to assist you in understanding the basics of this type of insurance and our suggestions for you. As our expertise lies in helping you to the top of mountains not in the nuances of insurance policies we strongly recommend that you address specific questions with your insurance agent and take time to thoroughly understand any policy you purchase.
* The insurance requirement does not apply to IMG customers on programs within the continental USA, but is strongly encouraged.
Please review the following options based on Program Cost and/or Residence, and click on links provided for trip-specific recommendations and a quote link.
- RIPCORD offers Comprehensive Travel Insurance coverage for all Mountaineering and Trekking programs.
- TRIP ASSURE offers 2 policies that will work for all of our customers:
- Adventure Includes specific reasons for cancellation.
- Adventure Plus Includes Cancel for Any Reason. (Must be purchased within 15 days of registration.)
- TRAVEL GUARD (Not available to WA or Non-US Residents), maximum trip cost of $100,000:
- Travel Guard Plus Includes Adventure Sports coverage for Mountaineering. Cancel for Any Reason upgrade available if purchased within 21 days of registration.