December 7, 2018
Whether you have your heart set on an expedition to Alaska, Antarctica, or the Himalaya, you need look no farther than Washington’s Mt. Rainier to acquire and develop the winter mountaineering skills that will take you there.
IMG’s Denali Prep Seminars on Rainier prepare you for some of the cruelest, coldest conditions on the planet. And you’ll love it!
We teach you:
- Expedition camp building and maintenance
- Snow cave and snow shelter construction
- Expedition glacier travel/route finding
- Crevasse rescue techniques
- Avalanche hazard evaluation
- Sled rigging & hauling
- Ice axe & crampon skills
- Ascending/descending fixed lines
- The importance of personal care – physical, mental, and emotional – on a long expedition
This program is perfect for beginners looking for an introduction to winter mountaineering and as a precursor for those ready to test their mettle on ‘The Great One’ on an IMG Denali Expedition.
Register now for one of the remaining winter 2019 seminars:
March 30 – April 5
April 27 – May 3
You’ll be glad you did!
IMG HQ is available Mon-Fri, 8-5 (PST)
firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-569-2609