January 17, 2013
Austin called in from the Piedre Grande hut on Orizaba this afternoon. All went smoothly today. The team’s short term plan was dinner by 5pm and in bed by 6pm followed all to quickly by an early wake up call for another big summit day.
Austin wasn’t quite sure if all members of the team would be climbing tonight/tomorrow, 2 big summit days in +/-48 hours is quite the test. He’ll know a lot more when that alarm clock goes off at at midnight or 1am.
The weather is great and the forecast calls for more of the same.