January 8, 2013
IMG Guide Peter Anderson called from Mendoza today at 12:30 pm PST. A number of duffels were delayed on their flight and they just picked up the last one today at noon. Because of this, the team has been delayed for a day in Mendoza and will depart tomorrow for the Penitentes at 8:30 am. Not to worry, this loss of a day shouldn’t have an affect on the overall schedule of the climb.
For Tyler’s team, the carry to C2 is now done, with the group back at C1. They’ve already got a lot of work under their belts. Weather looks reasonable for the remainder of the week. No need to rush now but they do want to keep the momentum going. If the crew feels good in the morning, they’ll likely move up to C2. If there’s a need, they could easily hang for a day at C1 tomorrow for a bit of rest. They’ll have a better idea in the morning. They’ve been doing well.