September 17, 2012
We are waiting at Base Camp for the weather to improve before heading up the mountain for our second rotation. We have had several days of rain and snow now, so hopefully it will start drying out soon! Our goal for this next rotation is to spend 4 nights on the mountain with the first night being at C1 (18,900ft), the 2nd and 3rd nights at C2 (20,820ft), and the final night at C3 (22,600ft) depending on how the team is feeling and weather permitting. The route has been fixed up to C3 and there is a plan in place to fix rope to the summit over the next week or so. The team is all happy and healthy and excited to get back on the mountain. We have been filling the down time with card games, hot showers, laundry and eating Kaji’s great food.