March 16, 2011
Greg called in this morning to report that the winds have died down a little bit, and after scouting the route and snow conditions yesterday, they’ve decided to pull camp and head to Camp Muir today.
If all goes as planned they’ll get to Camp Muir this afternoon and if they’re feeling good they might sneak in a little training or an evening lecture after dinner.
Step 1 is getting to Camp Muir, which is never a given on Mt. Rainier in the winter.