September 18, 2010
IMG Leader Mike Hamill reports that the weather has improved a bit and the TMA team got the injured Tibetan climber out last night and he is stable with just a broken rib. We are hoping to get some climbers back up to finish the fixing above C3 once the slopes have stabilized from the recent snowfall. Mike says that if the weather and conditions continue to improve, the IMG team is on track to launch their summit bid in the next few days. Our weather forecaster Michael Fagin at http://www.everestweather.com reports that there is still a lot of moisture associated with the monsoon to the south, in Nepal, and we are still getting weak pulses of moisture pushing up from this weather system. Hopefully the winds will keep shifting more to westerly, which will cut off the moisture flow and dry things out for the climbers. We’ll keep you posted!