May 13, 2010
Our IMG Sherpa Trek team, led by Phu Tashi, has now reached Lobuche and everyone is doing well. Jangbu hiked down to Lobuche today to meet the group. They have had a good trek up the Khumbu, including several days staying in Phu Tashi’s lodge with his family in Dingboche. Their current plan is to see how they feel tomorrow, and then maybe stay another night at Lobuche if there are headaches. Otherwise, they will go up to Gorak Shep. The plan is for them to spend a couple days with the team at Base Camp before they head back down the valley. So far everything is going well on the mountain. Justin reports that several other groups moved up to Camp 2 today, in hopes of taking advantage of a small weather window forecasted for the 16th and 17th.
Over in Tibet, our IMG Cho Oyu team is also preparing to move up to Camp 1 tomorrow for their summit bid, also hoping to hit this projected window. The IMG Everest climbers went for a good hike today to Pumori Camp 1, however, they are going to hold tight a bit longer, waiting for a better long term forecast before launching their summit bids.