IMG supports the Recommended Guidelines for Proper Porter Treatment of the International Mountain Explorers Connection's Porter Partnership Program.
- Porters are provided proper clothing and equipment.
- Porters are provided proper shelter and sleeping arrangements.
- Porters are provided with proper food, cooking equipment and water.
- Sick or injured porters are properly cared for.
- Porters are paid a fair wage for their work and location and given the
tips their clients intend for them.
- Porters are carrying loads that don't exceed their physical ability or
For more info, please see:Partners for Responsible Travel