June 4, 2019
Andy and team are still playing a bit of a waiting game up at 17K. Weather is the issue which decides when they take a shot at the summit. Been too windy to make a safe summit attempt. They’ve still got time, so trying now to time things ‘just right’. They’re dug in with supplies to wait long, and they’re feeling well. Come on, weather!
Austin and crew are in a good position at 14K. They’ve picked up their cache at 13.5K and will now make a carry up onto the Buttress as soon as they can. They too are watching the weather carefully. Preference for them would be to get their carry done and then sit at 14K until ‘signs say yes’ and then head for the summit right away. Lots of food and fuel at 14K so they’re being patient and will be ready to move when the mountain says move.