July 21, 2018
Training and acclimatization are complete. Team spent today hiking up to the Pastohov Rocks, about a 3 hr hike. This was the last of their acclimatization climbs. Weather was pretty good – a little chilly but some sun and only a light breeze. Team’s in bed now (remember it’s 10 hrs later there as compared to Pacific Time) and will take a shot at the summit early in the morning. Forecast looks like they’ll have an opportunity to climb. Long day coming up but they came prepared and the team’s certainly done a good job these last several days getting ready for ‘game day’.
Wish them luck and we’ll try to let you know tomorrow how all goes. We have a couple of contingency days built into the itinerary if more than one summit attempt is required but hopefully the weather and mountain cooperate and the team can spend those extra days having fun in the valley.