December 3, 2014
Satellite phones are great. Mike Hamill called last evening to let us know the team had a good day making a carry up the ‘fixed ropes’ towards high camp. There is a long section of rope, anchored to the mountain, which is strung over a long section from C1 to C2. You clip in with an ascender for safety.
Weather remains clear, calm and cold. Forecast is still good. The team may try to move up to C2 today. Hard not to make use of such good weather when the team is doing well. If they can move up, they’ll be in position to make a summit attempt at any time.