October 17, 2016
Jonathan Schrock called from Timika to let us know that everything is going as planned for the Carstensz Pyramid Expedition. The gear has been checked, packed, and repacked to cut as much weight as possible for the helicopter flight. As long as the weather holds, the plan will be to fly into Nasidome (11,900 ft / 3,627 m) in the morning. We need about three hours of good weather for the helicopter flights into Nasidome. If they manage to get in tomorrow morning, they will be one day ahead of schedule. If they don’t fly, no problem, there is training to be done!