January 4, 2014
Greg, Aaron and team are at high camp on Vinson Massif. They made the move today from Camp 1 and are now melting ice like crazy, rehydrating, eating and prepping for a possible summit attempt in the morning. They’ll wait until the sun has begun to warm up high camp before setting off. Of course, it’s all weather dependent, especially with the winds. As of now, it looks like they may have a shot. And if not tomorrow, there’s the next day or the next. The trick now is to pick the right shot. Keeping our fingers crossed for the weather to cooperate.