November 14, 2013
Spoke with Austin this afternoon. The team and he are ensconced at the Piedre Grande hut on Orizaba, at about 14,400 ft. Skies aren’t clear yet but the winds have stopped and so has the precip. An inch or two of snow around the hut but that’s not bad. Forecast is still for even better weather tomorrow. We’re hopeful that when the guys wake around midnight that they’ll see stars up above.
We’ll know sometime tomorrow whether or not the weather gods smiled on the team.