April 23, 2012
George called this morning from Base Camp on Mt. Bona where the team is preparing to head out in an attempt to find a route up to Camp 2 today. Yesterday their efforts to carry to Camp 2 were frustrated as they couldn’t find a viable route up the glacier.
If all goes well today they’ll make the carry to Camp 2 today and move up to their camp tomorrow.
George said that the weather was good; a little colder than normal with a few light snow showers in between the sunshine.
We’ll wish the team the best on successful navigation and hope the weather keeps holding!