September 30, 2011
Ang Jangbu reports that a number of teams attempted to summit today on Cho Oyu, but they hit deep snow above the Yellow Band, and turned back. Max and the IMG climbers were at Camp 2 ready to go to Camp 3, but they have decided not to push their luck with the conditions, and turned back too, descending later today to ABC. They have yaks scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so they are preparing to head home. Mike Hamill and the Shishapangma climbers are at Camp 1, waiting to see if the conditions improve at all for them. We’ll keep you posted.