September 27, 2011
I spoke to IMG guides Mike Hamill on Shishapangma and Max Bunce on Cho Oyu. The big snowstorm has ended, but it remains windy, so there is lots of snow getting scoured from the upper slopes. The team members are waiting to see if the conditions improve. Our forecast has the jet stream staying away for another week or so, so there may still be a window for climbers.
Some of the climbers (from both teams) headed back to Kathmandu today. They had commitments back home and could not wait longer. For the climbers who are remaining, we’ll be hoping the conditions stabilize soon.