Myanmar Trek Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get there?
What kind of insurance do I need?
We invest in insurance coverage for commercial liability and medical and disability insurance for our employees and Sherpas while participating on our programs. We cannot insure you for your personal needs, but we do expect you to be as fiscally responsible as we are. We require that you insure yourself against potentially expensive difficulties that may arise. First, Trip Cancellation Insurance may provide financial relief should you be forced to withdraw from the program before it even happens. Next, make sure you have adequate Travel Insurance for coverage should you have a problem during the trip. Medical care and evacuation in remote locations can be expensive. For more information, please see our page on Trip Cancellation and Travel Insurance.
What immunizations will I need?
No immunizations are currently required. It is recommended that you consider the following:
- Tetanus-Diphtheria - You should already have. Do you need a booster?
- Polio -You should already have. Do you need a booster?
- MMR -You should already have. Do you need a booster?
- Meningitis - Recommended. Consult your physician.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended. Consult your physician.
- Hepatitis B - Not a bad idea. Ask your physician.
- Cholera - Ask your physician. Not usually recommended any more.
- Typhoid - Not a bad idea to be safe. The tablet form, Vivotif Berna, is good for five years.
- Rabies - The new vaccine is easy. Myanmar has rabid animals.
- Malaria - Malaria chemoprophylaxis is highly recommended. We recommend Malarone.
We recommend that you visit the travel clinic at a major University Hospital or your local Public Health Department for the most up to date info on travel requirements, or check the Center for Disease Control Website at www.cdc.gov.
What's included in the trip cost?Cost Includes:
- Transfers between hotel and airport in Yangon
- Hotels with breakfast for Yangon
- Hotels with all meals for rest of the trip
- Domestic flights and domestic airport taxes
- Ground transfers and transportation per itinerary
- Sightseeing tours and entry fees
- Trekking permits and fees
- Local guides
- International round-trip air fare and airport taxes
- Personal sundries and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Myanmar visa (more information will be provided)
- Costs incurred as a result of delays or events beyond the control of IMG
- Required insurance policies (medical, evacuation, trip cancellation, etc.) NOTE: We require that you have medical, evacuation, and cancellation insurance. For more info please see our page on travel insurance.
- Customary but optional tips for IMG staff